- duolingo is excellent.
- just discovered this website, it looks interesting https://www.memrise.com/
- i have discovered a memory technique that is working very well, depending on the clarity of the imagery used. for example, coupe means cut. So I imagine a little blue coupe being sliced in half by a guillotine. Now whenever I see the word “coup” this imagery resurfaces and I remember the meaning.
- this new memory technique only works if the imagery is very clear and non-ambiguous.
- even if i do not find the opportunity to use french regularly in my week, i still feel like i have progressed by using duolingo nearly every day
- i understand the majority of our children’s picture books
- i still learn new vocabulary nearly every day from these same songs off Monde Des Petits, and it provides a good conversational point between the children and I about vocabulary.
- the picture books are beginning to make sense to my 5 year old, she now finds them very engaging.
- the girls are choosing to use French formalities/manners throughout their day
- finish duolingo course by the end of August, my original deadline. It is possible that I will not be fluently conversational by the end of August, but I will be able to read well. I would like to be able to read french newspapers or easy novels by August.